Artificial Intelligence in the Healthcare is Continuously Evolving
At Market.us Scoop, we strive to bring you the most accurate and up-to-date information by utilizing a variety of resources, including paid and free sources, primary research, and phone interviews. Our data is available to the public free of charge, and we encourage you to use it to inform your personal or business decisions. If you choose to republish our data on your own website, we simply ask that you provide a proper citation or link back to the respective page on Market.us Scoop. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to provide valuable insights for our audience.
Table of Contents
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Worldwide Statistics
- Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery, by Component Statistics
- Global Healthcare Artificial Intelligence Market Value 2026, By Application
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Statistics- By Country
- Top Companies in AI in the Healthcare Market
According to Artificial Intelligence in the healthcare Statistics, the global Generative AI in Healthcare Market was valued at USD 0.8 billion and is expected to be valued at USD 17.2 billion in 2032
Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Worldwide Statistics
- Less than 10% of healthcare organizations have been utilizing AI for more than 5 years.
- 4 in 10 Americans think AI in health and medicine would reduce the number of mistakes
- About 45% of healthcare services worldwide adopted data integration software for their organizations.
- 36% of organizations implemented natural language processing software.
- North America is dominant in global AI in the healthcare market with the largest market share of 59.1%.
- By 2030, annual healthcare spending in the United States is expected to reach $6.8 trillion.
- The government share of this spending is projected to be 48% by 2030, driven by increases in Medicare enrolment, as more than 10,000 Americans become eligible for Medicare each day.
- 1.8% of organizations in the United States use machine learning in healthcare services.
- 1.3% of healthcare organizations use natural-language processing.
- In 2022, 12.6% of workers were employed at firms that utilize AI in healthcare.
- 51% of US adults who say ethnic biases in healthcare are a problem believe AI will reduce bias.
- 75.7% of radiologists considered AI-based algorithmic results reliable.
- 65% of US adults want AI to be used in their cancer screening.
- According to a Deloitte survey of 1,100 US managers whose organizations were already pursuing AI, 63% of companies surveyed were employing machine learning in their business.
- Artificial Intelligence is capable of accurately diagnosing diseases in 87% of cases.
- In contrast, health condition detection by humans had an 86% accuracy rate.
- According to Forbes AI-assisted robotics surgery, leads to a 21% reduction in patient hospital stays.
- The virtual nursing assistant with the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI) saves the healthcare industry USD 20 billion annually.
Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery, by Component Statistics
According to market.us, the global artificial intelligence in drug discovery market was valued at USD 1.2 Billion in 2022. Between 2023 and 2032, this market is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 27.5%. It is expected to reach USD 12.8 Billion by 2032.
The market for AI in drug discovery is dominated by North America which holds a lucrative market share of 56.4% and revenue of USD 0.68 billion.
Global Healthcare Artificial Intelligence Market Value 2026, By Application
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has several applications in healthcare sectors. The most significant application of AI is in robot-assisted surgery. This statistic is about the forecast value of the artificial intelligence healthcare market, by application in 2026.
- The market for AI-assisted robotic surgery is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR and is expected to hold revenue of USD 40 billion by 2026, followed by virtual nursing assistant revenue of USD 20 billion by 2026.
Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Statistics- By Country
The United States
The United States is one of the leading countries in the adoption of AI in healthcare. This stat shows discomfort among Americans with the use of AI in their healthcare.
- The majority of Americans (40%) think that the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in health and medicine would reduce the mistakes made by healthcare professionals, but only 27% of Americans think that AI does not reduce the mistakes made by their healthcare provider.
- About 60% of people in the United States would be uncomfortable with providers relying on AI in their healthcare.
- 40% of adults feel comfortable with providers relying on AI in their healthcare.
- 6 in 10 adults in the United States says they would feel uncomfortable if their healthcare provider relied on AI to diagnose diseases and recommend treatments.
Americans’ Views On AI Applications Used in Cancer Screening, Surgery, and Mental Health Support
- About 65% of American adults say that they would probably want AI to be used for their skin cancer screening, 55% of adults say that AI would make skin cancer diagnosis more accurate, and only 13% of adults believe that it would be less accurate.
- About 72% of men and 58% of women say that they would want AI for screening skin cancer.
- About 26% of US adults say that pain management treatment would get better by using AI and 32% of US adults say that this would lead to worse pain treatment management.
- About 8 in 10 US adults (79%) say they would not want to use an AI Chatbot if they were seeking mental health support.
- Only 20% of US adults say that they would want chatbots if they were seeking mental health support.
China is investing more and more in AI and has shown rapid progress in healthcare technology. The Chinese government made AI a national priority, with initiatives to develop advanced AI technologies.
- China’s AI in healthcare market accounted for revenue of USD 0.55 billion and the market is expected to grow at a revenue of USD 11.91 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 46.72% during the forecast period.
- China is suffering from more than 95 million patients with depression and stress, AI in healthcare management helps patients to provide mental health support.
The United Kingdom has been actively exploring AI in the healthcare sector through initiatives such as NHS AI Lab.
- The United Kingdom AI in Healthcare Market accounted for revenue of USD.0.18 billion in 2022, and the market is expected to grow at a revenue of USD 3.18 billion by 2032, registering a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR 2022-2032) of 43.22%.
South Korea has been actively exploring its footprints in AI technologies in the healthcare sector, particularly in areas such as medical imaging, robotics, and telemedicine.
- In 2019 the market size of the AI healthcare market in South Korea was 55.4 billion South Korean won, and the market is expected to reach a revenue of 246.5 billion South Korean won by the end of the year 2023.
Top Companies in AI in the Healthcare Market
IBM Watson Health
IBM Watson Health is a subdivision of IBM that focuses on applying AI and cognitive computing technologies in the field of healthcare. It Provides clinical decision support tools that leverage AI and natural language processing. In 2022, IBM software’s segment generated revenue of USD 25 billion of the total company’s revenue which was around USD 60.53 billion in 2022.
NVIDIA Corporation is primarily known for its graphics processing units (GPUs). NVIDIAs GPU have been used in developing advanced AI algorithms and software frameworks for medical analysis. The company provides AI-powered medical devices for diagnostic imaging, digital surgery, digital pathology, genomic sequencing, and patient monitoring. The quarterly revenue of NVIDIA is $6.05 billion in 2023, down 21% from a year 2022.
Microsoft is a leading company in developing AI healthcare solutions for the healthcare industry. Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform offers various AI tools and services for healthcare organizations, including Azure Machine Learning. Microsoft’s revenue for the twelve months ending March 31, 2023, was $207.591B, a 7.81% increase year-over-year. Microsoft offers services and software such as Microsoft Cloud, Azure Space, and Microsoft Viva for the healthcare industry.
Tajammul Pangarkar is a CMO at Prudour Pvt Ltd. Tajammul longstanding experience in the fields of mobile technology and industry research is often reflected in his insightful body of work. His interest lies in understanding tech trends, dissecting mobile applications, and raising general awareness of technical know-how. He frequently contributes to numerous industry-specific magazines and forums. When he’s not ruminating about various happenings in the tech world, he can usually be found indulging in his next favorite interest - table tennis.
Latest from Author
- Fraud Detection and Prevention is the Crucial Topic in Cybercrime
- Top 10 FDP Companies | A Fraud Detection and Prevention Technology
- Fraud Detection and Prevention Statistics: Secure Ways
- Heat Exchanger is Increasing Focus On Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Is Stimulating
- Top 10 FPGA Companies | Prototyping Hardware Technology