The App Revenue Industry Has Witnessed Remarkable Revenue Growth
At Market.us Scoop, we strive to bring you the most accurate and up-to-date information by utilizing a variety of resources, including paid and free sources, primary research, and phone interviews. Our data is available to the public free of charge, and we encourage you to use it to inform your personal or business decisions. If you choose to republish our data on your own website, we simply ask that you provide a proper citation or link back to the respective page on Market.us Scoop. We appreciate your support and look forward to continuing to provide valuable insights for our audience.
Table of Contents
According to App Revenue Statistics, In the digital age, mobile applications have become a significant part of our daily lives, offering a wide range of services, entertainment, and productivity tools. With the increasing popularity of smartphones and tablets, the app industry has experienced tremendous growth, leading to substantial app revenue generation.
- In 2022, the global app revenue market reached $142 billion, showing a significant increase from previous years.
- The Apple App Store accounted for approximately 65% of global app revenue, while Google Play contributed around 35%.
- Gaming apps continue to dominate revenue, accounting for over 70% of total revenue in 2022.
- In-app purchases (IAPs) remain the primary source of revenue, representing around 50% of total app revenue.
- The global mobile advertising market is projected to reach $400 billion by 2026, driven by the increasing adoption of in-app advertising.
- Subscription-based apps have experienced significant growth, with subscription revenue reaching $13 billion in 2021, marking a 34% year-over-year increase.
- Asia-Pacific is the largest mobile app market in terms of revenue, accounting for approximately 40% of global app revenue.
- China is the leading country in terms of revenue, followed by the United States and Japan.
App Revenue General Statistics
- G-Play Store app in the 3rd quarter of 2022: $10.38 billion worldwide.
- Apple App Store revenue from in-app purchases, subscriptions, and premium apps in the most recent quarter: $21.1 billion.
- Apple App Store revenue decreased by 3% compared to the previous quarter.
- iOS game revenues increased by 8.9% to $52.28 billion in 2021.
- iOS accounted for 57.6% of all mobile gaming revenue.
- Number of apps available in the Apple App Store during the second quarter of 2022: 2.18 million.
- The availability of apps on iOS increased by 5% compared to the previous quarter.
- The global monthly in-app spend per user, per app, is $0.50. The average in-app purchase per user differs for Android and iOS users. The average prices are 0.47 cents for Android and $1 for iPhone owners.
- 98% of Google Play revenue comes from “freemium” apps.
- The market had around 1 million low-quality apps as of 2023.
- TikTok wins the race when it comes to non-game revenue.
- App Store app downloads grew by 1.99%, while Google’s decreased by 11.6% in 2022.
- The top app categories by consumer spending worldwide are games, entertainment, and social networking.
- Most consumer spending on apps goes to gaming apps through in-app purchases. However, in 2023, paid subscriptions as a revenue stream will become more prevalent in non-game apps.
- Just over 62% of all mobile users in the US have games on their smartphones.
- On Google Play, 97% of all apps are free.
- There were 87,000 new applications in February 2023 alone on the Google Play Store.
- Estimations suggest that 50% of non-game apps and an even higher 79% of game apps use in-app purchases alone or as a part of their monetization stream mix.
App Revenue Statistics by Platform
- The mobile app revenue estimate is expected to reach $613 billion by 2025. (Statista)
- There will be roughly 3.553 million apps for Android devices on the Google Play Store in 2023. Conversely, there are roughly 1.642 million apps in the Apple App Store.
- The applications market is growing, as there is a prediction that the mobile app revenue estimation will reach $935 billion by 2023.
- Mobile apps help businesses increase brand recognition, boost client loyalty, and gain profit.
- 142.6 billion apps were downloaded from the iOS App Store in 2022. (Business of Apps)
- The total downloads of all apps from the iOS App Store were 142.6 billion, while there were 110 billion app downloads from the Google Play Store in 2022.
- By 2026, consumer spending on the App Store will be approximately $161 billion. (Statista)
- By 2026, consumer spending on Google Play and App Stores will total $233 billion. An estimated 5% of users spend money on in-app purchases. Most of them are based in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- App sales statistics show 48.2% of all mobile app earnings are from In-app purchases. Paid app revenue comes second, with 37.8% of the total.
Gaming Apps Statistics
- Gaming apps dominate the app market in terms of revenue and popularity.
- The global mobile gaming market was valued at $77.2 billion in 2020.
- In 2020, mobile gaming accounted for 58% of the total gaming market revenue.
- The average mobile gamer spends 3 hours and 40 minutes per week playing games.
- The number of mobile gamers worldwide is projected to reach 3.3 billion by 2023.
- In 2020, the top-grossing mobile game worldwide was “PUBG Mobile,” generating $1.16 billion in revenue.
- Freemium games, which are free to download but offer in-app purchases, are the most popular revenue model in gaming apps.
- In-app purchases in gaming apps accounted for 48.2% of all mobile app earnings. (Source: Business of Apps)
- The average revenue per daily active user (ARPDAU) for gaming apps is around $0.32.
- The top gaming genres in terms of revenue include strategy, role-playing, and action games.
- Gaming apps often rely on in-app advertisements, sponsorships, and collaborations with brands to generate additional revenue.
- Popular gaming apps create opportunities for esports, live streaming, and community engagement, contributing to their revenue streams.
- App Annie estimates that mobile gaming revenue will reach $120 billion by 2023.
Highest Grossing Apps of All Time
- Clash of Clans has generated a revenue of $7 billion.
- Candy Crush Saga holds a revenue of $4.6 billion.
- Pokémon GO has earned $3.1 billion in revenue.
- Clash Royale has achieved a revenue of $2.3 billion.
- Honor of Kings has generated a revenue of $1.9 billion.
- PUBG Mobile holds a revenue of $1.5 billion.
- Fate/Grand Order has earned $1.4 billion in revenue.
- Gardenscapes and Coin Master have both generated a revenue of $1.3 billion.
- Lineage M also holds a revenue of $1.3 billion.
Top Grossing Apps and Games in the United Kingdom 2022
- Disney+ generated 46 million in revenue, making it the highest-earning app on the list.
- Roblox followed closely behind with 39 million in revenue.
- Tinder ranked third, with a revenue of 38 million.
- Coin Master generated 37 million in revenue, securing the fourth position.
- TikTok earned 36 million in revenue, placing it fifth on the list.
- Candy Crush Saga, a popular mobile game, generated 34 million in revenue.
- YouTube, the well-known video-sharing platform, earned 24 million in revenue.
- Bumble, a dating app, had a revenue of 18 million.
- Duolingo, an app for language learning, earned 17.3 million in revenue.
- Royal Match, a mobile puzzle game, closely followed with a revenue of 17.2 million.
Hey! I am Ketan, working as a DME/SEO having 5+ Years of experience in this field leads to building new strategies and creating better results. I am always ready to contribute knowledge and that sounds more interesting when it comes to positive/negative outcomes.
Latest from Author
- Electric Vehicles Technology Advances in the Future
- The App Revenue Industry Has Witnessed Remarkable Revenue Growth
- AI in Healthcare Statistics: Pioneering Data-Backed with Medical Solutions
- The Versatility of Structural Core Material Market is Strengthening the Demand, says Market.us
- The Potential of the Digital Twin Market Rises Due to Improved Efficiency, says Market.us